Sunday 3 July 2011

Interview with Talia Jager

Here we have with us today Talia Jager. Give a round of applause.


Q: Please tell us a little bit about yourself.

I am a stay-at-home mom of five girls and a very supportive husband. Other than writing and reading, I enjoy photography, scrapbooking, music, and watching movies/TV.

Q: So it is often said that if you can write a short story you can write anything. How true do you think this is and what have you written that either proves or disproves this POV?

I've never heard this and I don't write short stories, so I don't know if it's true. I find it difficult to write short stories. I like longer ones.

Q: When and How did you realise that you wanted to be a writer?

It's always been something I just did, something I enjoyed. I love writing. I remember writing stories in elementary school. I took creative writing classes in high school and college. Writing is a part of me.

Q: Did you always had in mind to be a writer or it just happened?

Since I had always enjoyed writing, publishing a book was always something I wanted to do. I always knew I'd be a writer, I just never knew if I'd publish.
Q: Try to describe your book in one sentence.

Kassia, a mind blower, has to save her friends and the world by making a sacrifice.

Q: What is the best part of writing for you?

Creating characters and becoming them. Developing them and their relationships. 

Q: How would you "sell" your book in 20 words or less?

The Ultimate Sacrifice is a book about taking friendship and loyalty to the highest level.

Q: When you sit down and write do you know how the story will end or do you just let the pen take you? ie Do you develop character profiles and outlines for your novels before writing them or do you let your idea's develop as you write?

I've done it both ways. I guess it depends on the story. Sometimes I sit down with the laptop and a blank document and just write with no idea where I'm going and the story unfolds in front of my eyes. Other times, I fill out character development forms and outlines. I only use those as a guide though. There have been many times where I was headed one way, and the character took me in a completely different direction.

Q: So 'Kassia' and 'Mira' and the remaining characters of the book, how did they come about? Did you make them based upon anybody in real life or were they created out of imagination?

They are original creations. They aren't based on anyone I know. 

Q: How similar to are you from any of your major characters of the book are you?

Kassia and I both have an attitude, but she is much more sarcastic than I am.

Q: The book has a very beautiful and eye-catching cover! Did you have any input in it?

Yes. I was actively involved with the development of the cover. Glendon at Streetlight Graphics was awesome to work with.

Q: What's next in line for you, are you working on a new book now?

I am finishing up a dark, edgy YA drama and then will be starting on the sequel to The Ultimate Sacrifice.

Q: Now some simple questions and more fun^^


-Your favourite books and author?
The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare

-Your favourite band/singer?
Sugarland

-Twitter or Facebook?
Facebook

-Favourite place in the world?
A white sand beach or Disney World.

-Last movie you watched at the cinemas?
Eclipse.

-The last book you’ve read?
Coexist by Julia Crane

-Do you google yourself?
All the time!

-If you wouldn’t be a writer, what you would be?
A midwife.

-And last one....print or ebooks?
Both. I love eBooks. I have a Kindle and love it. I've downloaded lots of books, discovered new authors, and absolutely love how easy it is to get a new book. However, there are some books out there I love to own in print. What I have been doing is buying the eBooks and if I love it and there's a print version available, I will buy it.

Q: What advice would you like to give budding authors or those who want to start writing?

Write as much as you can, as often as you can. Write for yourself, not anybody else. Believe in yourself and never give up.


   
    

             
About her book that I got to review:-
It was happening again. The dreams. The nightmares. It was something seventeen year-old Elizabeth "Lizzy" Hayes thought she'd outgrown; dreams that would come true; detailed premonitions of how people would die. This time she dreams about her boyfriend, Michael Young, and soon discovers that he's been found... dead. Michael hasn't crossed over because he was murdered, and now his murderer is coming for Lizzy. His spirit won't rest until she is safe, and as a newbie spirit, the easiest way for him to make contact is through Lizzy's dreams. When she dreams, it's as if he hasn't died. Lizzy must learn to pull on her inner strength to survive horrifying events. Meanwhile, in the spirit world, Michael learns everything he can about his supernatural gifts to help. But will it be enough to save her?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Le' Grande Codex Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design