Wednesday 4 September 2013

Techie @ Heart

Presenting Techie @ Heart by Karthik S.

Here is the summary of the book:

When I got into India's top-most software company, I thought, Dude, your life is set.

My future was bright, my parents were damn proud of me, my hot girlfriend and I planned a great life together.

Then things began to happen...crazy things I had not foreseen...

I was forced to reassess my dreams...to reconfigure the way I thought...to look again at this thing they call love...

I am Karthik S. And this is my story.


Another book that joins in the category of modern Indian contemporary stories that focus on the mundane and romance factors rather than the profession part to maintain the balance. Joining the ranks of Chetan Bhagat, and the likes..... As such I was pretty disappointed with this book.

Still a very light read. This is the story of Karthik, a typical Tam-Bramh boy of a typical South Indian family. Whose only aspirations is joining the top IT company and impress his father. He does it. Joins Silky to prove himself. But the thing is life is much more than joining a big company. And this naive boy soon realizes that.

Karthik as I said is the typical Indian male, who seems to rely on astrology much more than i would consider healthy.While at first he looked and sounded more like a follower, but eventually he does grow up to blaze his own trail. I like his chemistry with his roommate Aditya, bonus point there. Very little romance, another good point . Although Aarti and his being pushed together with no apparent chemistry, felt rather bland..... And the native curses used here make it even less desirable for me.... On the whole this was an OK book.

"Rather bland & Okayish"

Genre :      Contemporary, Non-fiction

Publisher: Hachette India

Release Date: 15th July, 2013

My Copy: courtesy of the publisher

Rate:              2/5 (It was OK)

Buy:           Amazon | Hachette 
                 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Le' Grande Codex Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design