Thursday 24 May 2012

Still On Mind #3

"Still on Mind" is a weekly event, hosted at Ya-Aholic, every thursday to feature a book that you read months or even YEARS ago that was so good (or so scary/unique/funny..etc) that it is 'Still on my (your) Mind!'



This week the book that is still on my mind is...


The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games #1)


Could you survive on your own, in the wild, with everyone out to make sure you don't live to see the morning?

In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV. Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she is forced to represent her district in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before-and survival.


Why this is still on my mind?


"This was my introduction to the dystopia genre....and it was a DAMN GOOD ONE....It is one book you don't forget, the hardships, the child abuse, forcing them to fight to the death against each other just to make a statement of it really made my heart go out to them...all the whole while I had read this book, only one thing was going on inside my head 'somebody please kill president snow'....and OMG the movie..I'm in Love with the movie...it was so impeccably done and very much precise"

2 comments:

  1. ah, I have STILL not read Hunger Games!!! ha I really really need to read this, I want to read it before I go see the movie, so I better get on it! (: Awesome pick hun!! (:

    http://www.ya-aholic.com/2012/05/still-on-my-mind-3-woohoo.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. HG was my gateway to YA and I'm so grateful for it!

    ReplyDelete

 

Le' Grande Codex Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design