Friday 8 June 2012

Still On Mind #5

"Still on Mind" is a weekly event, hosted at Ya-Aholic, every thursday to feature a book that you read months or even YEARS ago that was so good (or so scary/unique/funny..etc) that it is 'Still on my (your) Mind!'



This week the book that is still on my mind is...(i know i'm late in posting this)


The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #1)


Percy Jackson is about to be kicked out of boarding school... again. And that's the least of his troubles. Lately, mythological monsters and the gods of Mount Olympus seem to be walking straight out of the pages of Percy's Greek mythology textbook and into his life. And worse, he's angered a few of them. Zeus' master lightning bolt has been stolen, and Percy is the prime suspect.

Now Percy and his friends have just ten days to find and return Zeus' stolen property and bring peace to a warring Mount Olympus. But to succeed on his quest, Percy will have to do more than catch the true thief: he must come to terms with the father who abandoned him; solve the riddle of the Oracle, which warns him of betrayal by a friend; and unravel a treachery more powerful than the gods themselves.



Why this is still on my mind?
"I just finished reading the last book of the Kane Chronicles yesterday and while yes its not the level of this masterpiece....but reading it made me remember how much fun I had reading about Percy's quests and all those sarcastic chapter titles were the best of the lot....and its all thanks to RICK RIORDAN, great guy"


-
Oh and be sure to enter my 1st blogoversary giveaway here

2 comments:

  1. ahh I have been debating on picking this book up forever, and since it's still on your mind I think I may have to now!!! Great choice hun! I love a good Middle grade-adventure book! (:

    Thanks for being apart of Still on my Mind again! :D

    http://www.ya-aholic.com/2012/06/still-on-my-mind-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I totally agree with you on this one! This series is amazing, one of the best I've ever read! Great pick and thanks for sharing!! :)

    My Still on My Mind

    ReplyDelete

 

Le' Grande Codex Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design