Monday 12 November 2012

Alice in Wonderland

I seriously want to to ram my head into the ground and hide forever. Why the Heck did I request this..... Presenting Alice in Wonderland by Raven Gregory, Robert Hill and Jason Embury.

Here is the summary of the book:

The one thing known is that her time spent in a world full of insanity left her a broken adult. However, her courageous will to survive is what ultimately saved humanity. Now the story of Alice's visit into Wonderland is fully revealed and the truth of the terror will be told in full From Raven Gregory, Ralph Tedesco, and Joe Brusha, the minds behind Grimm Fairy Tales and Return To Wonderland, comes the series that Zenescope fans have been waiting for Follow Zenescope back down the rabbit hole and discover a world of madness like you've never seen before.

I liked the story and the concept of it all but I disliked Alice...particularly how they dressed her. Come to think of it, the Alice on the cover is far better dressed than the one we see in the story throughout. The original tale is a favorite and also I love a good re-telling. And let me tell you I really liked the concept of the story, the blood and the gore was fine too....but the characters.....GOD......They were just the sexualized version of the original. It is rather insane to think that any girl would actually like it at all.

The artwork was almost amazing....keyword amazing because of how Alice and the other female characters are displayed. Almost every female character, especially Alice seems to be busting out of her dress the whole time. Everything had a Japanese Adult Manga sort of vibe to it but it still is disgusting. Their original twist also felt messy.

"Made for boys I presume"

Genre :      Fantasy, Graphic Novel


Publisher: Zenescope


My Copy Publisher and Netgalley


Rate:              2/5 (It was Ok)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Le' Grande Codex Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design