Tuesday 25 September 2012

The Clann #2 Covet

The cover isn't really that amazing (sorry I really don't like it) but don't let it fool you, this next installment in the series is as intense if not much more than the first one. Presenting The Clann #2 Covet by Melissa Darnell.

Here is the summary of the book:

Dangerous to be together. Painful to be apart.Savannah Colbert knows she broke up with Tristan Coleman for the right reasons. Most of all, to keep from killing him with her new vampire abilities. But try telling her heart. Now, lost in a sea of hostile Clann faces, Sav tries to come to terms with what she's becoming and what that means for her future. And that someone is doing their best to bully her into making a terrible mistake. Tristan can't believe Sav won't even talk to him. If being apart is her decision, fine. Just don't expect him to honor it. But even as he prepares to fight for the girl he loves, forces beyond their control take them both in directions neither could have foreseen or prepared for. A reckoning is coming…and not everyone will survive.

Crave ended with disastrous consequences, Covet proves the aftermath of those consequences. In Crave, Savannah comes into her vampire side struggling with all the changes taking place in her body. She suffers from all sorts of feeling throughout. But she remains strong and fast and in her love for Tristan. Never once does she give up on her belief over Tristan and nor does he.

Covet follows the action and the consequences of Crave, Savannah and Tristan may have broken up but Tristan still holds on. As sweet and intense as ever Tristan, does every thing he can to rekindle what he and Sav had (not that it was lost). But it is rather fun to see the transformation that had taken place in Savannah.

In Crave, Tristan is the one protecting Savannah but in Covet it is Sav who grows stronger and does all she can to keep the people around her safe. But it is not enough anymore there is an inter-racial war game going on and the peace treaty between the Clann and the Council may well be on a dangerous ground. Much more than Savannah and Tristan is on the line here.
Melissa Darnell produces this perfect! perfect! book. There is nothing in here that can in any way prove that this can in any way prove that this is just a mere second book in the Clann series (i'm willing to overlook that horrendous cover). What I really loved about Covet apart from the author's excellent penmanship is the fact that she fleshes out her characters more. The development in the relationship between Savannah and her dad is also a major point in her book. Savannah really proves her worth in Covet, staying strong and inspiring. This book had enough action and drama that it kept me anchored throughout till the end....and OMG! that cliffhanger-ish ending....I WANT 'CONSUME' NOW NOT IN 2013!

"Amazingly fantastic - Covet takes the story up another level keeping us anchored in a world where witches and vampires are treading war again"

Genre :      Young Adult, Paranormal, Romance


Publisher: Harlequin Teen


My Copy Publisher and Netgalley


Rate:              5/5 (It was Amazing)

1 comments:

  1. I agree with you that I'm not crazy about the covers. To be honest, I had Crave on my bookshelf for a while just bc I thought it would be YA fluff - not really adding anything new to the genre. When I finally read it I was blown away at how fast paced and captivating it was.
    I'm soooo glad you enjoyed Covet a lot! The first book took me by surprise at how much I enjoyed it and then again at how much it continued to linger in my mind way after I finished! There's something amazing about the story and the writing. I'm happy that the sequel was so amazing!! I'm definitely going to have add this to my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete

 

Le' Grande Codex Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design