Friday 12 August 2011

Follow Friday #3

"Follow Friday" is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. Thanks for stopping by and checking out my blog. Don’t forget to comment and leave your link so I can return your follows.




Q. How has your reading habits changed since you were a teen? or If you are still a teen what new genres are you in love with currently?

Ans. Well technically I'm still got one or two years more as a teen. So I'll go like this - my reading experience began with fairytales, then I movied onto Nancy Drew, Famous Five, Secret Seven and the Hardy boys......all this is great but my actual reading experience began with Harry Potter series by the one and only J K Rowling. Yes well when my sojourn with the Potter saga began - it was one book per year, i.e., every day I got one book in the series. Not the real trouble began after the I completed reading THE DEATHLY HALLOWS when it released. I literally was lost...had simply no idea as to what I would do now.....what to read now.   


So I turned to Jane Austen and all the other classic works. In which cases Little Women by Louisa May Alcott, Emma and Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen, Homer's Odyssey and The Iliad and The Secret Garden were my favourite. And not to forget The Chronicles of Narnia and the Lord of the Rings too...definitely can't forget them.


Then as time went by Twilight as a motion picture was released and I got to know that its a four book series and was different from your normal burning in the sun type vampire saga...I decided why not try it out. Their is no harm in tying new things. And I loved it...the whole series in fact. I'm not ashamed to say that I was one of those that were obsessed with the series. But good enough for me it lasted only two years in my case....well the obsession part of the deal. Afterwards I saw a lot of Vampire-human romance sagas....from where I got to dystopias and urban romances. Thus, effectively turning me into an eclectic reader (at present).




7 comments:

  1. I can totally relate with all of the obsessions :) I love how there are so many unique things in YA, like with paranormal and dystopian. Great post!

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say that my reading interests have changed since I was a teen. I used to only read silhoutte romances back then and then my librarian told me to try something else and I did so now I read most genres out there and enjoy them. Thank you for inviting me to visit your blog. My blog is www.griperangsbookmarks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love YA novels. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am now following you! =) Love the blog title and the design. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. Nice to meet someone else who was obsessed with Twilight. I'm still obsessed. Love Harry Potter too.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aparajita great story. Yeah I can identify with that. Eclectic readers are on the rise. Go us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog. Very fun! I think my reading interests have stayed the same since I was a teen. I still love adult books, but I read lots of ya and middle grade books. I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan and listen to it on audio or read some every day. Love most of the books you mentioned. :)

    I found you through Book Blogs and signed up to follow you. When you have a chance- please stop by and follow the blog for my middle grade novel that I am hoping to get published. http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/
    Also, my co-author, Stephanie, liked your fb page today. Please like us back at: http://www.facebook.com/fairday

    Take care-
    Jess- although I may show up as Fairday, the main character from my novel. I can't figure out why that happens sometimes and I can't fix it. :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Le' Grande Codex Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design