Wednesday 7 June 2017

A Monster Calls

Presenting A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness, Siobhan Dowd (idea by).

Here is the summary of the book:

The monster showed up after midnight. As they do.

But it isn’t the monster Conor’s been expecting. He’s been expecting the one from his nightmare, the one he’s had nearly every night since his mother started her treatments, the one with the darkness and the wind and the screaming…

This monster is something different, though. Something ancient, something wild. And it wants the most dangerous thing of all from Conor.

It wants the truth.

REVIEW ==

Dark, emotional, sense of family, grief and magical realism. 'A Monster Calls' is everything and so much more packed in this tiny powerhouse. It is not only Conner's tale, but a plethora of all other stories that take a life of their own. The monster wants the truth and he is more than imposing and giant enough to get it. 

Cancer is a disease that can affect you and your families when you least expect it. But it is life and death and it's acceptance that matters most of all. Grief can be deadly. Grief can be immense. Grief takes you over and (by case) can suck the life out of you. Conner needs to accept. Conner needs to move on. But it is not easy when the truth means he looses the only adult figure of his life. That is why truth hurts.

And that is why this book will forever hold a special place in my heart. Because really it made me cry and it made me appreciate life and my loved ones most of all.

(F. Y. I. The movie was as amazing as the book. I'll have a review on my YouTube channel soon so stay tuned)

"Dark, realistic and eye opening with a hint of the magical"

Genre :     Young Adult, Paranormal, Fantasy, Speculative

Publisher: Walker Books

Release Date: 27th September, 2011

My Copy: bought (ebook)

Rate:             4/5 (Really Liked It)

Buy:         Amazon | Book Depository 

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked it! I (still) haven't read it *sweats* (I'm just scared of all the crying I'll be doing while reading haha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked it! I (still) haven't read it *sweats* (I'm just scared of all the crying I'll be doing while reading haha)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

 

Le' Grande Codex Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design