Friday 17 August 2012

Interview with Jodi Meadows

Hey Guys! OMG this is totally fab.

I'd like to present before you guys the author I wanted to interview since I read her book recently....

That's right folks, JODI MEADOWS, the acclaimed author of the NEWSOUL series.

Here are some very good questions she answered for me -




Q: What is the best part of writing for you?

All the parts. I love everything about writing, because each part has its definite perks. First draft? Exciting! Revisions? Getting the story how it's supposed to be!


Q: How to you research for a book before you begin the writing process?

It depends on what I need to know for the book. I have a rule: if I know a little about something I want to write about, I pretend like I don't know anything. That way I don't just make stuff up when it suits me -- I actually look it up to be sure. 

I'll often look up location information, study/buy/print maps, get lists of local wildlife and plants, try to get an idea of weather patterns. I also try to determine what time period the book is set in, or the closest approximation, and get an idea of what level of technology the characters might have at their disposal.

Basically, I research everything I know I will need before I start writing the book. Later, as I'm actually writing the first draft, I know I'll have to look up more information, too.


Q: How did it come to you that you wanted to write something based re-incarnations? In one line how would you describe your book to someone to sell to?

INCARNATE is about the only girl who is new in a world where everyone else is perpetually reincarnated. 

I didn't start my writing career thinking about writing a book about reincarnation. INCARNATE is actually myseventeenth finished manuscript. Yep. I wrote sixteen manuscripts before that, about different characters and worlds. 

The premise behind INCARNATE was a huge challenge for me. I actually had the idea for it three years before I started writing the book, but I tucked my note for it into a file because it looked too hard to write. I wasn't ready. I started writing the book when I was ready for a challenge, and ready to start thinking about my stories in a different way. The idea of INCARNATE had never left me, even when I was working on other stories. 

I didn't expect INCARNATE to be the one that sold (at that point, I didn't expect any of my stories to sell), but I'm pretty darn pleased by the fact that it did, let me tell you!


Q: The cover of the book is really awesome. Did you have any inputs on it while its conception stage?

Thanks, I think it's awesome, too. I didn't have anything to do with it. The closest I came to having input was when my editor called me before the model casting to double check on Ana's appearance. 


and, Lastly,



Q: Something….anything you can tell us about ASUNDER that we don’t know yet?Pretty Please.....

There's something really, really strange happening with the sylph. As for what? You'll just have to wait to find out. 


"OH MY! "



CHECK OUT HER BOOKS HERE(click on the covers to check out their descriptions)

Incarnate (Newsoul, #1) Asunder (Newsoul, #2)


Also don't forget to check out my review of INCARNATE here -
Click Here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Le' Grande Codex Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design