Saturday 18 August 2012

Interview with Michelle Madow

Hey

Today I had the pleasure of putting forth a short Q&A session I had with the MICHELLE MADOW, the author of the Transcend Time Saga.

A Little bit about Michelle:-


Michelle Madow was inspired to write Remembrance after seeing Taylor Swift's "Love Story" music video while a junior at Rollins College in Winter Park, FL. The song and video gave her the story idea about a high school girl reincarnated from Regency Era, England. She handed in the first chapter as a homework assignment for class, and when her teacher and fellow classmates wanted her to continue writing, she decided to go for it. By the end of the school year, her first novel was completed!

Along with the Transcend Time Saga, Michelle Madow has written two other young adult novels, both which will be developed into series’.

Michelle Madow graduated from the Park School of Baltimore in 2005, where she always took two English classes each semester. She graduated from Rollins College in 2010, cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts in English. At Rollins she was a member of the National Society of Collegiate Scholars, and a member of the International English Honor Society Sigma Tau Delta.

She received the Charles Hyde Pratt Award for Excellence in Creative Writing in 2010.

For more information on Michelle and her books, please visit www.michellemadow.com.

Michelle lives in Florida, where she is hard at work writing more novels for young adults.



L'interview:- 



Q: What is the best part of writing for you?

My favorite part of writing is having the finished product, and sharing the story with readers! I write so other people will be able to enjoy the stories I’m constantly thinking about, and knowing that there are people out there who love the characters and their journeys as much as I do means so much to me.

Q: How to you research for a book before you begin the writing process?

Before I begin drafting, I create character bios for the important characters in the story, and then outline the story from the beginning to the end. When it came to the historical research needed for the Transcend Time Saga, I looked things up while I was outlining or writing. One website I found, Social Customs During the Regency Era, proved so helpful for me!

Q: How did it come to you that you wanted to write something based on Taylor Swift’s music and Jane Austen’s Pride & Prejudice?

After watching the “Love Story” music video in 2008, I was completely enchanted. In the video, Taylor Swift is dressed in modern day clothing, and once she sees a dark haired guy the scene switches to the two of them dancing together at a ball in Regency Era, England. This ignited Lizzie and Drew’s story in my mind, and I couldn’t stop thinking about them! When I shared the idea with friends and family they loved it as well, so I decided to turn the idea into my first novel. As for the Pride and Prejudice references, I actually didn’t go into writing Remembrancewith the intention of that parallel, but as I was writing it just sort of happened, so I decided to go with it.

Q: The cover of the book is really awesome. What are your thoughts on all the recent covers coming out featuring Venetian masks on their covers?
Thank you! The moment I found the image I knew it was going to be perfect to get across the feeling of Remembrance. It was lots of fun to design my own cover! I think it’s neat that there are other books coming out with masks on the cover, too. For theRemembrance cover I used the mask because Lizzie wears a gold mask to a dance at school, so hopefully other books have masks on the covers because it gets across a part of the book and not just because it looks cool!

Q: What advice would you like to give budding authors or those who want to start writing?

My number one piece of advice is that if you’re serious about finishing a book, you have to dedicate yourself to writing a certain number of words a day for at least five days a week. Writing isn’t always fun, and you’re not always going to be inspired to sit down and write. The only way to finish is to treat it like any other work you would take on. I like to write 1,000 – 1,500 words a day, but I also edit as I go. Find the words per day that works for you, make yourself write, and within a few months, you’ll have a first draft of a novel!



CHECK OUT HER BOOKS HERE(click the covers to know more about the books)

Remembrance (Transcend Time, #1)Vengeance (Transcend Time, #1.5)

Also do visit my reviews of the books - 
Click Here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Le' Grande Codex Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design